Friday, October 28, 2011

Halloween Pride in Freehold, NJ

When Eileen and me set out for Halloween costume hunting and decided to search Yelp for the best Falafel in the area, we never thought we'd get a healthy kick in the ass to our Halloween spirit in the process! Rolling down Main Street in Freehold, NJ revealed countless store windows painted up with all manor of ghouls, love struck ghosts, Taco starved demons and more than one toothy fiend just out for a good scare. The event is called the "Freehold Spooktacular" and apparently, I've been missing out on this every year I've been living in the area. I blame my friends, because I have no one else to blame. The Spooktacular website mentions the windows only briefly...

"Artistic students from each of the six high schools in the Freehold Regional School district compete for honors in this long standing Borough tradition that is not to be missed. Bring your family and your camera and take a leisurely stroll to see the award winning windows. We're sure you will love it !"

After eating our fill at Ibby's Falafel, we took took to the streets where I couldn't resist shooting as many windows as I could find. CLICK HERE for the whole HALLOWEEN GALLERY along with some other random fun we've been having in Central NJ!

No comments :

Post a Comment